Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Polar and Inverse Polar Panoramas

I have been taking a photography class this past term and yesterday discovered Polar Panoramas.  My final was due today, and yet I was so intrigued with these panoramas that looked like tunnels and small planets that I knew I needed to include some in my work.  

In photoshop under file there is automate, and then photomerge.  From there you select the pictures to be able to make a standard panorama.
 After photoshop thinks for awhile, it will spit out a many layered panoramic image.  If you took the pictures for a complete 360, than you will want to crop this image so that the two ends will be able to fit together seamlessly.  
 From there, do some touch ups with color and fill in some blank spots, and then go into image, then image size, uncheck the box "constrain proportions" and then make the width the same as the height. This will super-compress the image.
 If you want a planet, than rotate the image 180 degrees and go to Filter, Distort and then polar coordinates.
 If you want the tunnel world than you don't inverse it.
They aren't the best in the world, but it is a neat little photoshop trick I learned that is fun to play around with.  i pulled an all-nighter last night, so... I'm counting this post as today's and yesterdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment